The Teller serves as a first point of contact for customers by providing First Bank of Alabama service excellence, processing transactions under bank policies and procedures, assisting with customer inquiries, and recognizing/referring cross-sell opportunities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist customers with transactional needs according to established guidelines, brand model and service standards, including answering basic customer inquiries regarding account balances, transaction history, service charges, interest rates, etc.
• Maintain daily operational standards, including but not limited to cash drawer security, daily balance of cash drawer, item capture procedures, counterfeit currency identification, count and roll coins, balance ATM, and adequate supplies in teller station.
• Knowledge of products and services and educate customers on emerging bank technology and digital solutions such as mobile, online, ATM and other offerings.
• Protect the bank from unnecessary risk or exposure by being familiar with bank procedures and confidentiality guidelines, including but not limited to currency transaction reports, suspicious activity reports, Regulation CC holds and documentation, robbery procedures, etc.
• Adherence to internal controls, operational procedures, and risk management policies. Adhere to security protocols for robbery, fraud, opening/closing process, cash controls, and teller procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, and all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Must have a minimum of a High School diploma, or equivalent.
• 2 + years’ experience consecutive customer service experience in financial services, or retail sales preferred - and/or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Knowledge of and adherence to proper telephone and email etiquette.
• Confident and at ease in using social media, tablets, Smart phones, online tools, and applications.
• Job Knowledge - Understands facets of the job, aware of duties and responsibilities, keep job knowledge current.
• Customer Service - Works well with customers, promotes a positive image of the company, and strives to solve issues raised by customers.
• Dependability - Meets deadlines, works independently, accountable, maintains focus, punctual, and excellent attendance record.
• Quality - Strives to eliminate errors, accurate work is a priority, seeks opportunities to improve products/services.
• Teamwork - Accountable to team, works to meet established deliverables, and appreciates view of team members.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described represent those an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend, or kneel. Ability to see objects up close or at a distance, use peripheral vision, identify basic colors; Use of hands with ability to reach; ability to lift 20 pounds.
First Bank of Alabama is inclusive and supportive of individual needs and provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Management reserves the right to add to, change and revise this description at any time. The description does not include any marginal functions that are incidental to the essential functions of the position, nor does it imply these are the only tasks to be performed.
Our communities grow with your financial success. Get free online financial training with us.Get Started